Web Scraping with Python: Collecting Data from the Modern Web
by: O’Reilly Media
Product rating: 4.5 with 6 reviews
Learn web scraping and crawling techniques to access unlimited data from any web source in any format. With this practical guide, you’ll learn how to use Python scripts and web APIs to gather and process data from thousands—or even millions—of web pages at once.
Ideal for programmers, security professionals, and web administrators familiar with Python, this book not only teaches basic web scraping mechanics, but also delves into more advanced topics, such as analyzing raw data or using scrapers for frontend website testing. Code samples are available to help you understand the concepts in practice.
- Learn how to parse complicated HTML pages
- Traverse multiple pages and sites
- Get a general overview of APIs and how they work
- Learn several methods for storing the data you scrape
- Download, read, and extract data from documents
- Use tools and techniques to clean badly formatted data
- Read and write natural languages
- Crawl through forms and logins
- Learn image processing and text recognition
Posted in Python Tagged with: Collecting, Data, from, Modern, O'Reilly Media, Python, Scraping, with
Python for Data Science For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
by: For Dummies
Product rating: 5.0 with 2 reviews
Unleash the power of Python for your data analysis projects with For Dummies!
Python is the preferred programming language for data scientists and combines the best features of Matlab, Mathematica, and R into libraries specific to data analysis and visualization. Python for Data Science For Dummies shows you how to take advantage of Python programming to acquire, organize, process, and analyze large amounts of information and use basic statistics concepts to identify trends and patterns. You’ll get familiar with the Python development environment, manipulate data, design compelling visualizations, and solve scientific computing challenges as you work your way through this user-friendly guide.
- Covers the fundamentals of Python data analysis programming and statistics to help you build a solid foundation in data science concepts like probability, random distributions, hypothesis testing, and regression models
- Explains objects, functions, modules, and libraries and their role in data analysis
- Walks you through some of the most widely-used libraries, including NumPy, SciPy, BeautifulSoup, Pandas, and MatPlobLib
Whether you’re new to data analysis or just new to Python, Python for Data Science For Dummies is your practical guide to getting a grip on data overload and doing interesting things with the oodles of information you uncover.
Posted in Python Tagged with: Computers, Data, Dummies, For Dummies, Python, Science