The Laughing Postman & The Laughing Postman Delivers: True Stories by a Mail Carrier
by: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Product rating: 5.0 with 1 reviews
Author Dee B. Myrick is a third-generation mail carrier in the American South. For 30 years, she has delivered the mail in rural Mississippi.
The stories she presents in The Laughing Postman & The Laughing Postman Delivers span not only her experiences but also those of her father and grandfather.
Take a journey along the winding byways of the South and meet customers, critters, children and old folks in touching and funny stories about delivering the mail.
Posted in Essays Tagged with: Carrier, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, Delivers, Laughing, Mail, Postman, Stories, True
The Associated Press Stylebook 2015 (Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law)
by: Basic Books
Product rating: 4.7 with 7 reviews
The style of the Associated Press is the gold standard for news writing. With The AP Stylebook in hand, you can learn how to write and edit with the clarity and professionalism for which they are famous. Fully revised and updated, this new edition contains more than 3,000 A to Z entries—including more than 200 new ones—detailing the AP’s rules on grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, abbreviation, and word and numeral usage. You’ll find answers to such wide-ranging questions as:
· When should the names of government bodies be spelled out and when should they be abbreviated?
· What are the general definitions of the major religious movements?
· Which companies do the big media conglomerates own?
· Who are all the members of the British Commonwealth?
· How should box scores for baseball games be filed?
· What constitutes “fair use”?
· What exactly does the Freedom of Information Act cover?
With invaluable additional sections on the unique guidelines for business and sports reporting and on how you can guard against libel and copyright infringement, The AP Stylebook is the one reference that all writers, editors, and students cannot afford to be without.
Posted in Essays Tagged with: Associated, Basic Books, Briefing, Media, Press, Stylebook
Will Write for Food: The Complete Guide to Writing Cookbooks, Blogs, Memoir, Recipes, and More
by: Da Capo Lifelong Books
Product rating: 5.0 with 2 reviews
For more than 15 years, writing coach, editor, and blogger Dianne Jacob has taught food lovers how to take their passion from the plate to the page. Now, Jacob has revised and updated her award-winning guide. Whether you’ve been writing for years or are just starting out, Will Write for Food offers what you need to know to succeed and thrive, including:
– A new chapter dedicated to making an income from food writing
– Updated information about self-publishing and cookbook production
– Tips on creating and sustaining an irresistible blog with gorgeous photos
– The keys to successful freelancing and reviewing
– Advice from award-winning writers, editors, and agents
– Engaging, fun writing exercises to get the juices flowing
Posted in Essays Tagged with: Blogs, Complete, Cookbooks, Da Capo Lifelong Books, Food, Guide, Memoir, More, Recipes, Will, Write, Writing